August 21, 2013

Big green news from last week

I am back from my vacation and trying to delete/answer hundreds of emails from the past 10 days. Meanwhile, let me posts these news from last week before I start completing my presentation for next month's ICIS World Chemical Purchasing Summit.

BIO-BUTADIENE
One big news is from INVISTA and life science company SilicoLife regarding their collaboration on the development of bio-butadiene and other technology platforms for bio-based chemicals production. The partnership will leverage INVISTA's capabilities in biotechnology and catalysis, and SilicoLife's metabolic engineering and synthetic biology capabilities.

SilicoLife provides in silico (performed on computer or via computer simulation) metabolic engineering solutions, building computational models of microbial cells and developing proprietary state-of-the-art algorithms to find the most efficient pathways between raw-material and end-product.

More on this post...
Post a Comment