April 1, 2013

Metabolix partners with Tianjin GreenBio

I entered my 3*th year this weekend suffering from a bad cold but the good news is that there will be no more traveling until early May when I have to present a Biobased chemical feedstock paper at the Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference (APIC) along with other Tecnon OrbiChem consultants.

I have two weeks to prepare for that presentation so this should be fun!

In the meantime, let me post my last week's interview with Metabolix CEO Rick Eno regarding their recent announcement on their partnership with another PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoate) producer Tianjin GreenBio Materials Co. Ltd. ("GreenBio"). The company is based in Tianjin, China and has a current capacity to produce 10,000 tonnes/year of PHA in Binhai District. Another interesting information about this company if readers recall is that Dutch chemical firm DSM actually has a stake in this PHA production when DSM invested $20m in GreenBio in 2008.

More on this post...
Post a Comment