March 26, 2013

Anellotech readies bio-BTX start

I just heard back from Myriant about their recent partnership announcement with Bayegan and I am going to update my last post about it soon. In the meantime, let me put out this news from Anellotech, which for some mysterious reason, have escaped my news radar for the past week or so.

It has been two years since I interviewed David Sudolsky, President and CEO of Anellotech. The company is developing a thermochemical catalytic fast pyrolysis (CFP) process for making aromatics using non-food biomass.

According to the company, it is planning to produce large quantities of biobased benzene and toluene (about 100 kilograms) to strategic partners for downstream product development purposes before the end of 2013. I would love to know who are those strategic partners :).


Similar sized xylene samples can also be made available, according to Anellotech.


The company plans to start its pilot-scale operation within its new 11,000 square feet Pearl River, New York, headquarter during the second half of 2013. Anellotech has also established a new laboratory in Pearl River with a dedicated team of over 20 engineers, scientists and business people.

Anellotech's facilities in Pearl River, NY 

More on this post...
Post a Comment