March 14, 2011

Oil firms at center stage

I've been picked as a juror! Fortunately, the lawyers of both side said it will be a one (or maybe two)-day trial - let's hope that's true as you never know the truth from lawyers right? Ha!

And yes, they know that I'm a blog/twitter/facebook junkie so they forbade me to do any of these things regarding the trial ;-) I'll try to hold off my fingers from my laptop/Iphone.

In the meantime, I'm still putting together the weekly news roundup and saw last week's two big announcements coming from oil firms Total based in France and BP based in the UK.

My colleague John Baker who has his Chemicals and Innovation blog first noted the announcement from Total's petrochemical business about participating in a development collaboration on producing bioethylene by dehydration of ethanol with IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) and its subsidiary Axens. IFPEN is a public research center focusing on energy, transport and the environment.


More on this post...

[Photo from BP]
Post a Comment