January 20, 2011

Growing glycerine-to-ECH plants

The green blogger is attending next week's American Cleaning Institute's (formerly Soap and Detergent Association) annual meeting in Orlando. I am excited to announced that I will be interviewing Seventh Generation's Martin Wolf  (Director, Product Sustainability and Authenticity) as well as companies such as Evonik Goldschmidt, Procter & Gamble, BASF, VVF Ltd., and FMC.

I was hoping to talk to Solvay as well since it's a major producer of soda ash and chlor-alkali products not to mention that I'm interested in their current glycerine-to-epichlorohydrin projects. By the way, I usually write a comprehensive market update on oleochemicals every year just for the ACI event. You can now access my latest article on ICIS Chemical Business.

Back to Solvay, the company announced in December that it is planning to build an epichlorohydrin plant in China with initial capacity of 100,000 tons/year using glycerine as feedstock.The facility is expected to start producing ECH in 2013.


More on this post....
Post a Comment