August 30, 2010

Weekly News Roundup

I have not forgotten to post this but unfortunately my day job is taking my blog time away. By the way, I just confirmed my registration at the Biobased Chemicals East conference in Boston so I hope to share a lot of breaking renewable chemical news from there.

PS1
I am working on a renewable-based surfactant article. Any companies, consultants, analyst, etc., that would like to participate, feel free to email me at doris.de.guzman@icis.com

PS2
On the interview post lineup are DNP Green, Eastman, Novozymes, Cereplast, Rennovia...I will get there soon, I promise...

Bio-dispersants R&D grant
Modular Genetics and scientists at Columbia University, Iowa State University (ISU) and the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center were awarded a one-year $200,000 National Science Foundation (NSF) RAPID Response grant, which will support work on production and testing of bio-dispersants that can replace the chemical dispersants currently used for oil spill management.

Bunge invests in Solazyme
Bunge Limited has joined Solazyme's Series D round as a strategic investor. The investment represents a step for the two companies to collaborate at critical portions of a new value chain enabled by Solazyme's sugar to oil technology platform.

More on this post...
Post a Comment