June 14, 2010

Weekly News Roundup

Apologies for the people whose emails I have not yet responded to. Our office is officially in chaos this week with the move to another floor and I'm currently working on my article about zero energy homes, and at the same time, purging tons of trash that have mysteriously accumulated in my drawers, shelves and beneath my desk.

I promised to get back to you folks before the IT people forcefully shutdown my computer soon...

Here are this week's news roundup!

Virent secures funding
Virent Energy Systems closed a $46.4m third round of funding led by Shell and Cargill. The funding will advance Virent’s efforts to scale its BioForming® process, a patented catalytic biorefinery platform that can produce cellulosic-based gasoline, to commercial production volumes.

Ferro expands solar center
Ferro Corporation is expanding its photovoltaic technology centers in Suzhou, China, and Taipei, Taiwan, as part of a wide-ranging plan to support growth in the Asian marketplace. The new Advanced Technology Center in Taiwan is expected to be completed by the end of 2010.

More on this post...
Post a Comment