May 26, 2010

Weekly News Roundup

Just finished my article about bio-based materials for automotive parts and I have plenty of left-over to share for the blog.

Before I do that, I am also compiling all information I've gathered last week at the American Oil Chemists Society (AOCS) meeting, which hopefully I'll be able to post. And on top of that, I am starting on a new article about traditional chemical companies such as DuPont, BASF, DSM, Braskem, Solvay, Wacker Chemie, and Arkema investing on/developing biotech-based industrial chemical processing....(My brain needs energy-efficiency processing asap!)

So here are this week's news roundup before my brain goes into force majeure:

Arkema on green chemistry
Arkema says it plans to increase sales of bio-based products from 7.5% of total sales to 10% by 2012 through project developments currently underway. The company is currently looking into producing acrylic acid from glycerol, and to market carbon nanotubes manufactured from bio-ethanol.

Novozymes partners with Ceres
Energy crop company Ceres and enzyme company Novozymes have entered a research collaboration to co-develop customized plant varieties such as switchgrass, miscanthus and sorghum, and enzyme cocktails for the production of cellulosic biofuel.

More on this post...
Post a Comment