March 18, 2010

Metabolix CEO interview

I've got some great stuff covering the Jefferies Global Clean Technology Conference yesterday and I hope my lovely readers followed my @ICISgreenblog tweets from there.

I was also able to talk to the CEO and president of Massachusetts-based bioscience company Metabolix and got some nice updates of the company's activities not only about their joint bioplastic venture Telles but also about their industrial chemicals and crop technology developments.

The blog already talked about Telles' recent start-up of its 110m lb/year Clinton, Iowa PHA-based resins plant. Here are some of the other salient points of the meeting and then watch my video interview with Rick Eno as he talked about last year's accomplishments and this year's expectations. Sorry about the slight shakiness to the video as I'm not yet proficient in this form of interview = )
  • The company expects to be selling food contact injection molding products such as cutlery in second quarter this year; and film and thermoforming products such as coffee lids, yogurt cups, and storage bags in the second half of the year.

More on this post...
Post a Comment