March 29, 2010

Air Force tests camelina jet fuel

Here's my last update from last week (I think) and then I'll try to post about my recent trip to Wacker Chemie's annual press conference to talk about their sustainability strategies and their very interesting developments toward green chemistry.

Also in my draft are my interviews with Zeachem CEO Jim Imbler, and Antonis Papadourakis of Arkema's Sustainability Additives group. Further down are some interesting bits and pieces from various interviews covering the issue of Bisphenol-A. This article just came out and I'll put a separate post about it today. Sooo many information that needs to be posted!

And so where was I?

Ahh yes, I got this email from Honeywell about the first-ever flight of an aircraft last week powered solely on a biomass-derived jet fuel blend made from the non-food plant camelina. The US Air Force flew its A-10 Thunderbolt II jet aircraft at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida last Thursday, and everything went smoothly (as seen on the cool video below this post).


More on this post...
Post a Comment