February 3, 2010

Weekly News Roundup

I'm back and recovering from a flu-like illness so I apologize for a very empty blog for almost a week! Coming back to work yesterday was pretty hectic as I interviewed four CEOs/president of green chemistry companies and one more to go this afternoon. I'm writing an article about "behind-the-green investment-scenes" and it's shaping up pretty darn good.

There are also big biofuel news that I missed last week such as DuPont's cellulosic ethanol start-up and Shell's deal with Cosan. But on the bright side, I was able to get good information from the Soap and Detergent Association meeting that I attended last week in Orlando. I will post some of them later this week as well as the big biofuel news from last week.

For now, here are this week's news roundup:

BP expands solar module output
BP Solar will increase its solar modules output with an expanded deal with Jabil Circuit. Under the new agreement, Jabil will assemble BP Solar modules for the North American market in Jabil’s plant in Chihuahua, Mexico, which has initial capacity of 45 megawatts. Production will begin in the second quarter.

New solar lab from DuPont
DuPont opened the Meyrin Photovoltaic Application Laboratory at its European Technical Center. It will operate as an open center, enabling technological exchanges and research collaborations between DuPont and customers, industrial partners, institutes and academia.

More on this post...
Post a Comment