July 27, 2009

Weekly News Roundup

Last week's trip to BIO's industrial biotech conference was a fruitful event and I had so many information, I have no idea where to start. Hopefully I'll be able to start posting my Q&As from several company interviews that include NatureWorks, Codexis, Genomatica and Verdezyne. I already wrote several news articles for ICIS covering a little bit of the event but I do hope that some of the green blog readers were able to follow my tweets as well.

Before I start the massive undertaking of BIO coverage, let's start this week's news roundup first:

Natural oil chems acquired

Vertellus Performance Materials bought certain assets of Degen Oil & Chemical Company, effective July 1, 2009. Degen, located in Jersey City, New Jersey, is a producer of blown vegetable oils and fish oils, derivatives and specialty alkyds for the coatings and inks industries for over fifty years.

Biogas from Wisconsin cows

GE Energy’s Jenbacher biogas engines have been installed in several dairy farms in Wisconsin to generate renewable electricity from cow-based biomethane gas for onsite power and the local grid. At the Crave Brothers Farm, LLC in Waterloo, GE’s biogas engine technology is generating 633 kilowatts in renewable energy.

More on this post...
Post a Comment