December 1, 2008

Weekly News Roundup

I am back this week and proud to say that I [along with my sisters] did our best to help our ailing economy by shopping non-stop for two days. I am not sure, however, if I want to see my bills that will arrive before Christmas.

Speaking of shopping, there was no noticeable plastic shopping bag ban or limited use of plastic bags imposed in any supermarket and other stores that I came across for the past 5 days. I did notice any promotion of green-theme products although most of the appliances (and some electronics) I saw already have energy-saving features on them.

I guess when money is tight, cheap still prevails over environment-friendly unless the products are cheap and green. We will continue to monitor the green shopping trend for the rest of the year, but for now, here are the blog's green news roundup.

Bio-succinic on the way
The University of Georgia Research Foundation has licensed to French specialty chemical company Roquette the production and sales of bio-succinic acid and its salts. A demonstration plant is expected to be operational by the end of 2009, and multi-ton production is expected to start in 2010.

More on this post...
Post a Comment