September 11, 2008

Cosmetic show in full green force

I've been running around at the annual HBA cosmetic event in New York city for the past two days and that led me to not being able to do my blogging job, for which I apologize.

Fortunately, the 3-day show is full of green news, events and presentations. For my stories on new green packaging products launched at the show as well as some of the difficulties in using bioplastic in cosmetic packaging, you can access them on ICIS.com [for subscribers only though -- sorry!].

My favorite quote while attending some presentations is from Wylie Royce, vice president of New Jersey-based dyes and specialty chemicals firm Royce International, who said that "dyes bleed like a stuck pig in polylactic acid (PLA) plastic."

Of course this produced some comments about lipsticks and pigs but I'm not getting into that.

More on this post...
Post a Comment