April 18, 2008

Weekly News Roundup

I just came back from a conference called Soaps, Detergents, Oleochemicals, and Personal Care (SODEOPEC) hosted by the American Oil Chemists Society in Orlando, Florida. One session from the conference was dedicated to green, sustainable and environmental issues which I'll blog about next week. I also wanted to blog about my Disney World experience but I was forbidden to do so = (

For now here's this week's green news and there are definitely plenty of them to sort through:

The beauty of cradle to cradle
Aveda said it is the first beauty company to receive cradle to cradle certification for four botanical ingredients: sandalwood oil from Australia, rose oil and lavender oil from Bulgaria and uruku from Brazil. The certification was assessed by the Environmental Protection and Encouragement Agency (EPEA).

More on this post...